A cross-cultural university setting for employment in teaching, researching, mentoring, or administrating provides you with opportunities to…
- Communicate the gospel to students & demonstrate a Christian worldview on important issues
- Share Christ’s love in isolated corners of the globe
- Encourage students to grow in Christian faith and share that faith within their personal networks
- Positively influence the university and its students through excellence in teaching and healthy leadership
- Benefit the country where you work through involvement in scholarly and leadership activities
Consider helping a suffering world with the unique insights and abilities that God has given you. Do so with the help and support of an organization with much experience in sponsoring cross-cultural university teaching. It will change your life!
Questions to Consider
- Why do I want to teach outside of Canada? What do I hope to accomplish in a cross-cultural setting?
- Have others confirmed to me that I am a good teacher?
- Has anyone to whom I am spiritually accountable (a pastor, a small group leader or a Christian friend) confirmed to me that teaching outside of Canada is a good fit for me?
- What are my goals for living and teaching in another country?
(Adapted from Teaching in a Distant Classroom pgs 23 & 26)