Teaching cross-culturally in public universities overseas provides you with opportunities to…
- Communicate the gospel to students and demonstrate a Christian worldview on important issues
- Share Christ’s love in isolated corners of the globe
- Encourage students to grow in Christian faith and share that faith within their personal networks
- Positively influence the university and its students through excellence in teaching and healthy leadership
- Become involved in scholarly and leadership activities that benefit the country where you work
Consider helping a suffering world with the unique insights and abilities that God has given you. Do so with the help and support of an organization with much experience in sponsoring overseas university teaching. It will change your life!
Questions to Consider
- Why am I going overseas? What do I hope to accomplish when I get there?
- Have others confirmed to me that I am a good teacher?
- Has anyone to whom I am spiritually accountable (a pastor, a small group leader or a Christian friend) confirmed to me that teaching abroad is a good fit for me?
- What are my goals for living and teaching in a distant land?
(Taken from Teaching in a Distant Classroom pgs 23 & 26)