Our First Annual General Meeting
Global Scholars Canada held its first Annual General Meeting on November 10th, 2018.
About 40 friends, donors, supporters, board & staff alumni, and GSC professors gathered at Tyndale University College & Seminary in Toronto, Ontario.
We enjoyed a wonderful time of fellowship and food that evening as we celebrated many different aspects of the GSC community… We heard encouraging messages, celebrated jobs well done, and listened to tales from the field…
- Justin Cooper, GSC Board Chair
- Stan Wallace, President of Global Scholars – USA
- Peter Schuurman, GSC Executive Director since July 2018
- Harley Dekker, Finance Officer since 2014 also spoke to us (but no photo this time!)
- Anna Sklar, GSC Program Administrator since September 2018
- Thank you to Hubert Krygsman, GSC Executive Director 2017-2018
- Thank you to John Wood, GSC Board since 2009, Retiring in 2019
- Adrian & Wendy Helleman, GSC Professors since before 1995 in Russia, Tanzania, Nigeria, and The Gambia
- Rudy & Marlene Wiebe, GSC Professor since 2003 in Nigeria
- Dia Diafwila, GSC Professor since 2016 – online from Canada to Cameroon & R.D. Congo
- The crowd also enjoyed watching a video from Manhee Yoon, GSC Professor in The Gambia.
Peter Schuurman also updated us on our other GSC Professors who are serving overseas.
Thank you to all for joining us and making our first AGM a huge success!