- Dr. Peter Schuurman, GSC’s Executive Director, began the program by sharing a few words about the meaning of the term “redemptively influencing” in our vision.
- Peter went on to share about GSC’s partnership with the Society of Christian Scholars (SCS).
- Our current GSC scholars and SCS connections
- 2019-2020 highlights from Global Scholars Canada
- We are noticing a growing Science affiliation in our scholars and connections
- GSC was featured in a few publications this year
- Our COVID report is encouraging so far
- Three of our scholars gave presentations – Glen Taylor (The Gambia), Andrew Barron (Ethiopia), and our newest scholar John Span (South Africa).
- We heard from Anna Sklar, GSC’s Communications Coordinator, about opportunities for connecting with scholars, staff, board members, and others in the GSC community through seasonal newsletters, blog posts, website, and annual events. She also shared about the 25th Anniversary Book project GSC is working on this coming year.
- Next on the agenda was a word from Peter and Harley Dekker, GSC’s Finance Administrator, about opportunities for giving to Global Scholars Canada.
- Our plans for a belated 25th Anniversary Dinner next June 2021 – we hope to see you there!
Adrian Helleman gave us a wonderful blessing as we began to close off the program.
The program was followed by a Q & A time for about an hour – it was wonderful to hear everyone sharing stories and gathering information!