Click here for the Registration Form – registration closes May 15th!
Toronto 2019 – Global Scholars North American Retreat – July 25th – 28th at Tyndale University College & Seminary
Please join us for a international gathering of Global Scholars Professors, Administrative Staff, Board Members, and Local Supporters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Enjoy a time of fellowship with the GS community, excursion options in Toronto, and speakers and updates from around the world.
Hosted by Global Scholars Canada on the historic grounds of Tyndale University College & Seminary.
What to Anticipate…
- Warm hospitality upon your arrival at Tyndale. We may have shuttle opportunities available to and from Tyndale – more details to follow.
- Reunions with familiar members of the Global Scholars community, and introductions to new members.
- Updates and stories from campuses around the world.
- Opportunities for an organized Saturday afternoon excursion in Toronto – options include a baseball game, CN Tower & Ripley’s Aquarium, Royal Ontario Museum, or a Double Decker Multilingual Bus Tour. Let us know your preference when you register. Based on interest we’ll let you know what we can offer closer to the retreat, along with pricing.
The retreat theme is Exegeting the Global Church: Many Tribes, One Spirit as this flows with our Saturday evening speaker and our interpretations of the experiences of God’s work in our various fields.
Our guest speaker on Saturday evening is Reverend Dr. Esther Acolatse, Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology at Knox College in Toronto. Dr. Acolatse will be discussing topics from her latest book, Powers, Principalities, and the Spirit: Biblical Realism in Africa and the West.
A general, tentative schedule for the July retreat is as follows – a final schedule will be available, along with more retreat details.
Thursday – Arrive at Tyndale, Reunion Dinner, Regional Receptions
Friday – Morning Worship & Devotions, Director’s Address, Introduction to Society of Christian Scholars, Fellows Plenary Groups, Afternoon Fellows Updates, Evening Free Time
Saturday – Morning Worship & Devotions, Founder’s Address, Fellows Plenary Groups, Afternoon Free Time & Organized Excursion Options in Toronto, Evening Guest Speaker
Note: Dinner on Saturday is not included in the retreat cost – dining suggestions include the Tyndale cafeteria, venturing out to a local restaurant, or enjoying dinner on the road as you participate in an excursion.
Sunday – Morning Worship & Devotions, Conference Closing
Tyndale offers students residences for your accommodation. These include twin beds (may be bunkbeds in double occupancy rooms) and some shared hygiene facilities. Each room is unique, and we’ll do our best to match you up with a space that suits your needs.
Alternate Accommodation Suggestions:
- Liberty Suites – an 8 minute drive from Tyndale – around CAD $145/night
- Courtyard Toronto Northeast/Markham – an 11 minute drive from Tyndale – also around CAD $145/night
- Seneca College – a 10 minute drive from Tyndale – student residences at around CAD $120/night for a double room suite
Questions or Concerns?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer.