What Are 10 Benefits of Becoming A Global Scholar?
GSC Scholars commit themselves to being God’s representative in an international academic setting.
We can help you fulfill this calling by providing…
- Cross-cultural navigation assistance
- Connection, accountability and mentorship in vocation
- Pastoral and prayer support
- Free membership in Society of Christian Scholars
- Special Events when home in Canada e.g. Annual Dinners & Retreats
- Platform for your publications
- Help with securing teaching positions
- Grant for 1st year of service
- Support for initiatives in-country e.g. scholarships, curriculum
- Procure donations that supplement your salary & help with:
- Travel Expenses
- Health Benefits – Scholars are covered by health insurance while working outside of Canada. They may also choose to enroll in optional disability and dental insurance.
- Pension Plan – Both the scholars and GSC contribute to the Canadian Pension Plan, and scholars may elect to participate in a group RRSP plan.
*It is important to note that GSC Scholars raise their own support to supplement the host university income they receive.*
As a government-approved charity, GSC issues receipts that Canadian residents can use for income tax purposes.
GSC is an affiliate of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada and the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities.