Our aim and desire is to assist academically and spiritually qualified scholars find suitable positions in universities around the world. We strive to support them as part of a community of like-minded academics who have accepted a special calling. To this end, we hope the application and appointment process is something you find both informative and helpful.
An Overview of the Application and Appointment Process:
- Download and complete the Preliminary Application form and submit to GSC.
- We will review your application for overall fit with the vision and values of GSC. Then you (and your spouse, if you are married) will be invited to a brief interview (in person, by telephone, or by Skype) with the GSC Executive Director. If there is apparent compatibility, we will invite you to complete the full Candidate Application.
- The full Candidate Application requires a significant investment of time and energy. It requires careful, transparent and prayerful responses. Thoroughness is crucial, as this application serves as our best initial means of determining where the best fit for you might be with Global Scholars. If married, your spouse will also be required to answer some of the questions on the full application, as we consider a GSC assignment to be a partnership.
- Your application will be reviewed, along with your CV, references, student evaluations from courses you have taught (if applicable), and a sample teaching video if possible. Once we have reviewed and approved your application, we will work together in scheduling an interview with you (and your spouse where applicable) in a suitable location. The interview committee usually includes several board members, the GSC Executive Director, a Global Scholars-USA representative, and often a university faculty member in your discipline.
- After your interview the interview committee will make a recommendation to the GSC Board of Directors. You will be notified of their decision as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as the full process may take several months.
- Once officially appointed, we will pray regularly for you and work with you to:
- Secure an appointment at an open-enrollment university in another country, coaching you in the application and interview process.
- Work with you to develop and approve your GSC budget, and assist you in identifying prayer and financial partners.
- As you go, we will pray regularly for you. Global Scholars Canada provides you with pastoral care, encouragement, and support.