January 7, 2022 Job Posting
Global Scholars Canada (GSC) brings missional imagination to academic vocation for Canadian Christian scholars. We are a small organization that invites, equips, and supports professors as they teach on campuses around the world – either virtually or in person. The Administration and Communications Coordinator is responsible for effective and efficient day-to-day administrative functions of the organization – including supporting the Executive Director, scholars, board members and staff as needed. Communications with donors and supporters are also highly important aspects of the role. This role is ideal for someone who loves details and organizing and will enjoy playing a central support role at GSC. The Administration and Communications Coordinator will work under the direction of the Executive Director, and alongside the Finance Administrator.
- You love administrative duties. You take pride in supporting a team’s efficiency and success and are willing to assist where needed.
- You are a fast learner with strong computer skills who uses innovative technologies and processes to make everyday tasks easier.
- You focus on the details. You thrive at staying organized and completing high quality work that makes the organization be its best.
- You are a strong communicator and you use those skills to write clearly and succinctly and to build positive and strong working relationships as well as to share stories that epitomize our mission.
- You enjoy connecting people with one another virtually or in person for the purpose of building a stronger community network.
- You will be excited to plan seasonal Zooms that encourage GSC scholars and board members, and annual celebration events or conferences that encourage donors and supporters.
- You appreciate working with people of all ages and stages in life. You feel comfortable offering advice to an intern as well as giving a report in a board meeting or joining a Zoom with a scholar overseas.
- You desire to work in a Christian charity and champion our vision and mission.
- Assist the Executive Director in organizing our office and coordinating our staff team to ensure agreed tasks and duties are completed.
- Answer and respond to inquiries by email or phone with a high level of customer service, providing assistance and information to scholars, staff, board members, interns, donors and supporters.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate all Governance (Board of Director and Committee) related activities including monitoring workplans, coordinating meeting materials and taking meeting minutes.
- Take the initiative to anticipate, recommend, develop and maintain operational procedures, templates and infrastructure to increase organizational efficiency.
- Coordinate seasonal Zooms for scholars, board members, and staff to connect. Coordinate annual celebration/fundraising event (virtually since 2020 due to Covid) in June.
- Create and distribute seasonal e-newsletters in Constant Contact. Create a print version of the Christmas newsletter and mail to those supporters without email addresses.
- Perform data entry or editing of contact details in donor database (Constant Contact).
- Complete basic updates to the Global Scholars Canada website (WordPress).
- Assist with annual tax receipts mailer.
- Assist with recruiting interns and overseeing their task lists.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree or equivalent.
- Status to work in Canada.
- Several years administrative experience and event planning. Prior experience working or volunteering with a not-for-profit organization, with knowledge of board governance and experience with minute taking is preferred.
- Highly skilled in Office 365 and Google Drive. Proficiency with Constant Contact preferred or willingness to learn. Experience with WordPress a definite asset (our webpage is WordPress).
- Team player.
- Excellent written skills and the proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a love for discovering and using new tools (such as Canva, Doodle, Clockify, ToDoist).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills used to identify issues and inefficiencies and taking the initiative to address them.
- Must have personal computer and consistent internet access.
- Agree with our faith statement, code of conduct, and mission statement.
Here’s what we have to offer
- A part-time (10-15 hours/week) permanent position working remotely with occasional in-person meetings.
- Extensive flexibility in the completion of tasks.
- Compensation based on an hourly rate ($20/hour minimum depending on qualifications).
- A supportive, positive, and engaging work environment with a friendly atmosphere.
- Opportunity to encounter and develop relationships with colleagues around the world.
How to apply
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to Dr. Peter Schuurman, Executive Director, expressing your interest in this opportunity.
A more detailed job description is available upon request.
Due January 31st. Please note that applications will be evaluated as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Only qualified respondents will be contacted.